The Women's Head Volleyball Coach will be responsible for developing a competitive Women's Volleyball program at Herkimer County Community College. The coach will be administering all aspects of the program, including, but not limited to recruiting, scouting, team development, game and practice preparation, and program expansion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify, evaluate, and recruit potential students for the team.
- Manage and supervise activities preparation of students for intercollegiate competitions.
- Coordinate practice times and provide strategy and coaching to team members.
- Help with scheduling competitions and matches against other teams.
- Monitor and encourage student-athletes' academic progress at the College and assist with placement at four-year colleges and universities.
- Travel to recruit and expand the program.
- Knowledge of competitive volleyball is essential.
- Represent the College in a positive manner to employees, students, visitors, and the general public.
- Must be enthusiastic and energetic in the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities.
- Must be a self-starter and have the ability to function under limited supervision.
- Ability to work with a diverse community of students, faculty, administrators, and professional colleagues.
- Willingness to work some nights and weekends is required.