The Head Coach is responsible for achieving the mission and goals of the Athletic Department through his/her sport. The Head Coach will produce a program that is competitive within the conference: adheres to conference and NJCAA standards, and College policies; attracts student-athletes who are good citizens of the college and the community; has its student-athletes graduate on time and able to transfer; and instills pride in the College and the Community.
- Establish a functional budget, maintain a constant awareness of expenditures, and keep expenditures within the allotted budget, etc. in conjunction with the Athletic Director.
- Manage allocated scholarship funds in accordance with all applicable conference/financial aid/institutional rules and regulations and assist student athletes with awareness of Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) requirements relevant to continued aid eligibility.
- Originate and assure smooth logistical support for the program as it relates to team travel, meals.
- Assist his/her student athletes so that they may be academically successful and make appropriate progress toward timely graduation and transfer, to include assistance with navigation and tracking of the necessary onboarding and off boarding processes associated with their Barton experience.
- Provide sport specific instruction related to performance enhancement of your student athletes.
- Previous experience as a head coach at a high school, community college or four-year institution.
- Previous experience as a recruiter of successful student athletes.
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s degree preferred; or equivalent experience as determined by the Athletic Director.