Under indirect supervision, this position is responsible for creating and maintaining a successful volleyball program for the institution. This position reports directly to the director of Athletics.
Examples of Duties:
- Formulate a successful philosophy to promote the educational welfare and sportsmanship of the student-athlete.
- Recruits prospective student athletes. Processes names of all prospective participants for the purpose of developing an eligibility list.
- Responsible for scheduling games, officials and transportation.
- Insure that all volleyball players meet NJCAA eligibility requirements and assist A.D. in preparing eligibility forms to be sent to the NJCAA. The coach must also have a working knowledge of NJCAA eligibility rules.
- Develop practice schedules and teach the fundamental skills of the game of volleyball.
- Make all travel arrangements for the team.
- Maintain inventory of equipment and supplies and assist with their distribution and management.
- Work closely with the athletic trainer to make sure all athletes have a valid physical and completed insurance form on file.
- Experience and training as a coach and/or player in sport of volleyball required.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in relative area preferred; High School diploma or G.E.D. required.
- Good communication and motivational skills required.
- Qualified candidate must have or be willing to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with passenger endorsement within 3-5 months of hire.
- Qualified candidate must be literate in reading, writing, and computation skills as well as possess the dedication and leadership skills required for the position.