The primary function of this position is to serve as Head Coach of the Women’s Volleyball team within the department of Athletics at Lock Haven. This position is responsible for the management, development, and implementation of all aspects of a Division II women’s volleyball program including but not limited to: budgeting, fundraising, planning, evaluating, organizing, scheduling, recruiting, skill instruction, student-athlete & staff development, academic support, and game plan development.
- Develop a competitive NCAA Division II Women’s Volleyball program in a manner consistent with the philosophy, core values, and guidelines of NCAA Division II, the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC) and Lock Haven.
- Demonstrate compliance with all NCAA Division II and PSAC rules; including timely submission of all compliance forms, adherence to all compliance policies and procedures, and attendance of mandatory NCAA rules education sessions. Coaches will be held accountable for all NCAA Division II rules compliance, and compliance will be part of the yearly evaluation process.
- Fundraise, market, and promote Women’s Volleyball in an effort to increase local and regional exposure of LHU and LHU Women’s Volleyball.
- Work in conjunction with Athletic Administration and the LHU Advancement Office to develop a fundraising strategy to enhance the Women’s Volleyball program.
- Provide leadership for the establishment of team rules, strategic vision, playing philosophy, development of student-athletes and staff, game plan development, training strategy, recruiting strategy, budget management, non-conference scheduling, and academic performance.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Successful college volleyball coaching experience.
- working knowledge of NCAA rules.
- Budget management experience.
- Fundraising and alumni cultivation experience.
- Effective organization/administrative skills and computer knowledge.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in recruiting.