- Recruiting and retaining academically and athletically talented students;
- Managing an operational budget including fundraising;
- Supervise a full-time assistant coach;
- Partnering with the sports information director on public relations opportunities;
- Knowledge of and commitment to all NCAA, MIAA, and institutional rules and regulations;
- Instruct Physical Education classes as determined by the chair and the provost;
- Involvement in departmental and campus committees; and
- Additional duties as assigned by the director.
- A commitment to the student-athlete experience;
- Evidence of strong organizational and effective communication skills;
- Current knowledge of NCAA or MIAA regulations;
- Ability to successfully recruit college-level student-athletes;
- Previous coaching experience;
- Evidence of a commitment to academic excellence;
- Ability to interact effectively with student-athletes, colleagues, and the public;
- Capable and willing to actively plan and participate in fundraising, promotions, and other similar endeavors as they relate to the volleyball program and the entire Athletics Department.
An equal opportunity employer, Kalamazoo College is committed to equal rights, equal opportunities, and equal protection under the law. The College administers its programs without regard to race, creed, religion, age, sex, national origin, height, weight, marital status, physical disability as protected by law, or sexual orientation. The College’s definition of sexual orientation proscribes discrimination based on a person’s sexuality, or gender identity, actual or presumed.