The Head Volleyball Coach will report to the Director of Athletics (or Associate A.D.) and provide coaching expertise, leadership, management and administration of all aspects of a competitive NCAA Division II program resulting in a positive and beneficial intercollegiate experience for student-athletes. The successful candidate will place the highest priority on academic integrity and a commitment to student-athlete success on the court and in the classroom.
- Provide leadership, organization and supervision for all team practices and competitions.
- In conjunction with sport supervisor, oversee and evaluate assistant coaches, student assistants, and volunteers.
- Organize and implement a successful recruiting program which attracts academically and athletically gifted prospects—with an unwavering commitment to retention, degree completion and academic success.
- Conduct all aspects of the program within the rules, regulations, and procedures of the NCAA, Northeast-10 Conference, athletic department policy manual and the College.
- Encourage and create an atmosphere of sportsmanship, professionalism and respect among the coaches and student-athletes.
- Commitment to student-athlete safety and welfare as it pertains to all aspects of intercollegiate athletics.
- Manage team needs within parameters of annual budget; review all budget requests and projected fiscal needs.
- Schedule all team travel, practices and contests in accordance with college policies, conference scheduling guidelines and NCAA bylaws.
- Minimum of two (2) years of successful NCAA coaching experience preferred.
- Comprehensive understanding of multiple facets of NCAA athletics required.
- Bachelor’s degree required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated excellence with interpersonal communications (written and oral) skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment is necessary.
- Ideal candidate will have excellent leadership and mentoring skills.