The position will head the organization and administration in all aspects of the program in accordance with the rules and regulations governing the sports program and the institution. These responsibilities are performed in an ethical manner consistent with the University's mission, vision and values which include diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Plan, organize, and continue developing the on-going athletic program and activities of the team.
- Understand and abide by universal standards of confidentiality and ethical decision-making.
- Provide instruction to student athletes regarding relevant skill development, a focus on great teamwork, and their own character development.
- Responsible for providing leadership to the team including budgeting, scheduling, and organizing travel arrangements.
- Hire, train, develop and evaluate the performance of assistant coaches.
- Responsible for the recruitment of academically and athletically qualified student/athletes for the program.
- Responsible to ensure all of the coaching staff and athletes are compliant with national affiliation rules.
- Reports any known violations or concerns to administration.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment background investigation including but not limited to: criminal background check, employment reference checks, and drug/alcohol screening.
- A strong commitment to the Student-Athlete concept and a working knowledge of national affiliation rules and regulations is required.
- Three to five years collegiate coaching experience including effective leadership, communication, coaching and recruiting skills is preferred.
- Ability to work independently without direct supervision.
- Strong service-oriented skills and the ability to have an exceptional customer service attitude at all times.
- Must be able to work and relate well with the public, students, faculty and staff.
Diversity is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of a person(s) national origin, race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, transgender identity, veteran or military status, marital status, height, weight, genetic information, and any other category or classification protected by law.