A school coach provides the necessary practice, support, supervision and advice for the team to be successful against opposing teams in a sports season.
- Previous experience playing or coaching applicable sport.
- Knowledge with the rules and regulations of the sports they plan on coaching.
- Strong leadership qualities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Communication Skills.
- Team Working Skills.
- Ability to teach relevant skills, tactics and techniques.
- Monitor performance and provide constructive feedback to both individuals and team.
- Some administrative tasks regarding organization and team information distribution.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
- Possession of a valid driver's license.
- Must be able to successfully pass criminal background investigation.