Varsity coaches are responsible for organizing and carrying out a well-rounded athletic program, which is consistent with generally accepted aims of education. These athletic experiences must be competitive, enjoyable, learning experiences for the participants.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Accountable for the distribution and security of all athletic equipment and uniforms.
- Strong understanding of fundamentals and rules of sport.
- Provide direct supervision of participants during and after practice and games until they leave the school premises.
- Conduct himself/herself and the program in a professional manner.
- Report all injuries on the correct accident form and see that proper attention is given to injuries.
- Ensure that each participant has had a physical and is covered by insurance before participating in practices.
- Provide rosters to all opponents.
- Comply with all rules and regulations of the W.I.A.A. and the local league.
- Emphasize safety precautions and instruct team members in the rules and techniques of the activity.
- Enforce all rules of the Toledo Activity Code.
- Enforce discipline and sportsmanlike behaviors at all times, and establish and oversee penalties for breach of such standards by individual students.
- Provide proof of current First Aid/CPR card.
- Fingerprinting (paid by employee).
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.