Head Coach - Middle School is performed for the purpose of assisting with the design and implementation of an activities program in accordance with applicable rules and regulations related to the sport; providing supervision of student athletes during all aspects of the program; using sound instructional techniques in assisting the program activities; serving as a positive role model to student athletes; and serving as the liaison between the school and program and other schools both within and/or outside the district, the community and various organizations. Individuals in this job classification are assigned to a specific sport.
Essential Job Functions:
- Attends work in a regular, reliable and punctual manner.
- Analyzes and assesses opposition's strategies and strengths/weaknesses for game/event prior to and/or during athletic events as appropriate for the purpose of developing game plan/approach.
- Assesses student athletes for the purpose of providing feedback to students on his/her individual performance and/or determining team placement.
- Attends a variety of meetings, workshops, conferences, etc. for the purpose of receiving and conveying information.
- Attends a variety of supporting activities (e.g. parent orientations, recognition events, banquets, etc.) for the purpose of providing information regarding the program and/or recognizing participants' accomplishments.
Employee Behavior and Conduct:
District employees shall conduct themselves in a professional manner and shall exhibit and extend such professional conduct appropriate for the circumstances to those with whom they come into contact, both internally and externally during the performance of their duties. Examples of professional conduct include, but are not limited to, being communicative, informative, fair, honest, and respectful.