Ashland University is an NCAA Division II institution that competes in the Great Midwest Athletic Conference (GMAC). Ashland University offers a comprehensive 24-sport athletic program. The university is located off of Interstate 71 in Ashland, Ohio, midway between Cleveland and Columbus.
- Candidates must be able to teach proper technique and skill development in various aspects of swimming. Candidates should have a complete and thorough understanding of the sport and be able to instruct student-athletes in small group and one-on-one settings.
- Applicants should be well versed and able to instruct student-athletes on physical health, team concepts and team building exercises, team development techniques and safety.
- A thorough understanding of NCAA and GMAC rules and regulations is required. The head coach must adhere to these rules and ensure that the program is in compliance with all rules, regulations and guidelines. The ability to articulate these to student-athletes is also required.
- An understanding of Ashland University’s mission and goals is required. Applicants must have the ability to explain these to student-athletes.
- The head coach will supervise and direct the men’s and women’s teams. This will include supervision at multiple practices and events with two teams. Candidates will be responsible for monitoring the swimming budget. All plans for travel and equipment purchase also fall under the responsibility of the head coach.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Candidates should be Life Guard, CPR, AED and First Aid certified or able to attain certification upon employment.
- Candidates must have the ability to successfully impart knowledge on various training techniques and strokes in swimming.
- Previous coaching and/or swimming experience on the college level is highly desired.
- The ability to identify and recruit student-athletes is required.
- This position requires well-developed communication skills, as well as strong time management and organizational skills.