The Head Cross-Country and Assistant Track Coach is responsible for the overall organization, administration, and development of both the men’s and women’s cross country, as well as help with these aspects of the indoor and outdoor track programs. The Coach will perform all duties necessary to develop competitive, representative and successful Division III programs.
- Develop an effective recruitment program that attracts talented student-athletes within the guidelines of NCAA/WIAC rules and regulation.
- Recruit, retain, and support student-athletes.
- Plan and direct all practice sessions for men’s and women’s cross country.
- Effectively prepare team members for intercollegiate competition.
- Coach the cross country teams and all team members at all meets, home and away for both Cross Country and Track and Field.
- Accompany and supervise the teams on the bus/van to all away contests.
- Communicate travel information to team member in advance.
- Support all departmental/institutional initiatives with involvement and attendance.
- Adhere to departmental, institutional, WIAC and NCAA guidelines.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Master's degree in a Health or Human Performance related field.
- Minimum two (2) years coaching experience on the collegiate level or high school level.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Knowledge of computer applications for recruiting (Front Rush).
- Organizational skills.
- Event planning and camp experience.
- Fundraising experience.
The University of Wisconsin-Platteville is committed to recruiting, supporting and fostering a diverse, inclusive and civil community of outstanding faculty, staff and students, and is an AA/EEO Employer. A criminal background check is required for employment. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in the U.S. at time of hire.