Under the direction of the athletic director, administer all aspects of the cross-country and long-distance track programs, including the recruitment of student athletes, organizing, and conducting practices, and planning, scheduling, and budgeting for the program. Supporting student athletes in achieving their academic goals and transferring to four-year universities.
- Coordinate all aspects of successful intercollegiate cross-country and long-distance track programs.
- Provide instruction, mentoring, and coaching to student-athletes by providing an atmosphere of positive learning.
- Recruit student athletes in compliance with the rules and regulations of the California Athletic Code.
- Plan and schedule for the intercollegiate cross-country/long distance track seasons; organize and coordinate all aspects of practice and competition in regional and state championship meets.
- Organize and conduct practices; coach team at games as scheduled by conference; present well coached teams that play with enthusiasm, knowledge, and discipline.
- Working with the Athletic Director, develop and manage the cross-country program budget.
- Organize and conduct practices.
- Provide guidance for assistant coaches and/or instructional aides.
- Promote interest and attendance at athletic events; assist in fund-raising efforts for the program.
- Bachelor’s degree and two years of coaching experience or;
- Associate’s degree and six years of coaching experience;
- Demonstrate a sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, linguistic, ethnic backgrounds, and disabilities of community college students and staff.
Qualified applicants for employment and employees will not be subjected to discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, religion, creed, military or veteran status, marital status, age, sex or gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics, or based on association with a person or group with one or more of these actual or perceived characteristics.