The Head Cross Country and Track & Field Coach will successfully develop and implement all aspects of the CIU Men's and Women’s Cross Country and Track & Field programs. The candidate must prove a strong commitment to Jesus Christ and demonstrate a strong commitment to the welfare of the student athlete.
- Teach and coach men and women’s cross country and track & field.
- Work within the budget as set-forth by the institution.
- Conduct all practices and train runners.
- Recruit for both men and women, and both cross country and track & field.
- Ordering and maintaining all uniforms & equipment.
- Scheduling both cross country and track & field seasons.
- Monitoring the academic progress of the student athletes.
- Coordinating all aspects of team travel.
- Demonstrate successful coaching experience at the high school or collegiate level.
- Be able to teach, demonstrate and communicate cross country and track & field training and strategies.
- The coach will be expected to drive vans, coordinate equipment, and physically be able to handle team practices, travel, and other tasks consistent with being a coach of an intercollegiate team.
- Ability to coordinate the overall administration and organization of the office of Cross Country and Track & Field.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Understanding of the NCCAA and NAIA rules and compliance.
- Must be willing to comply and agree to the regulations consistent with CIU Faculty/Staff Handbook and uphold all CIU student standards and rules.