Under general supervision, the Head Cross Country and Women's Track and Field Coach will recruit student-athletes, make recommendations for athletics scholarships, schedule meets and conduct practices for the assigned athletics teams, and contribute to the educational mission of the University by offering direction and instruction in the area of cross country/track and field.
- Contribute to the educational mission of the University by coordinating the instruction of student-athletes in the area of cross county/track & field training and competition.
- Recruit student-athletes for the men's and women's cross country and women's track and field programs.
- Instruct methods and strategies; coach student-athletes in the sport.
- Provide motivation, both athletic and academic, to student-athletes.
- Make recommendations for athletics scholarships.
- Considered Essential Personnel whose physical presence is required on campus and must also be prepared to address those functions remotely (from off-campus) as needed when operations are restricted or the campus is closed.
- Schedule practices and meets.
- Supervise assistant coach/coaches.
- Transport and supervise players while traveling.
- Responsible for providing, in a timely manner before the beginning of the season, to the public relations office (sports information) all materials relevant to the team(s) (rosters with hometowns, high schools, etc and schedules).
- Bachelor's degree in the related field is required with a high-level amateur or professional competing and/or coaching experience.
- At least one year of experience coaching cross country/track and field at the high school, college or higher competitive level or at least three years experience running cross country/track and field at the college level or higher.
- A valid New York State driver's license is required that satisfies both University and insurance company underwriting rules and regulations for driving a motor vehicle. Must also be able to operate a motor vehicle in Canada.