Assists the director of track and field/cross country in carrying out all assigned and auxiliary duties of the cross country and track and field program, while serving as the primary coach for cross country and the middle distance/distance runners in track and field.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Organizes, plans, schedules and conducts safe training, practices and conditioning activities for cross country/distance student-athletes.
- Evaluates and develops skills of cross country/distance student-athletes on individual and team performance
- Schedules and supervises competitive cross country contests and coordinates travel with the appropriate administrators
- Takes an active role in the recruiting of all potential cross country/distance student athletes, with a focus on supporting a healthy and competitive roster. This includes, but is not limited to, evaluating talent off-site, utilizing recruiting services, coordinating campus visits, and supporting prospective student-athletes through the admissions process.
- Complies fully with NCAA, CCS and Maryville College policies.
- Establishes good rapport and generates respect among students, campus colleagues, and the local community by conducting oneself in an ethical manner.
- Bachelor's degree (B. A., B.S.) from four-year college or university.
- 3-5 years of collegiate coaching and recruiting experience is preferred.
- Two-three years of coaching experience and/or training.