The Head Cross Country/Assistant Track and Field Coach reports to the Director of Cross Country/Track and Field and is responsible to assist in all phases of the University’s Cross Country/Track and Field program.
- Effectively assist in coaching a competitive DI Cross Country/Track and Field program in a manner, which promotes sportsmanship among athletes, ensuring compliance with all NCAA conference, America East Conference, and institutional rules and regulations.
- Effectively conduct and develop training sessions for Distance student-athletes.
- Effectively promote Bryant University academic and athletic programs to potential students and assist in recruiting qualified student athletes to participate in the athletic program.
- Ensure that student-athletes associated with the Cross Country/Track and Field program are eligible under NCAA and America East Conference regulations.
- Assisting the Director in developing and implementing clinic(s), summer camp(s), and fundraising events.
- This position is filled best by an individual with an undergraduate degree and a minimum two years’ experience coaching at either the high school or collegiate level including successful recruiting, coaching and administering of a Cross Country/Track and Field program.
- Special consideration will be given to applicants with experience coaching the Distance Events.
- Candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills; experience motivating and supervising student-athletes, and a thorough understanding of and experience with NCAA and America East Conference rules and regulations.