Woodlands Academy is seeking a Head Cross Country Coach for the 2023-2024 academic year. The ideal candidate will possess the ability to effectively relate and communicate to diverse constituencies with a high level of knowledge about the fundamentals and strategies of cross country to the student-athletes of Woodlands Academy.
- Educate and coach Woodlands Academy student-athletes.
- Provide leadership that promotes positive attitudes and good sportsmanship.
- Notifies team members of all Woodland’s Academy Athletic Program policies, procedures, and training rules as they pertain to the team.
- Plan and communicate to Junior Varsity and assistant coaches practice sessions and competition strategies which ensure the health and physical well-being of student-athletes.
- Schedules and coordinates, in conjunction with the Athletic Director, summer camps, game schedules, practice schedules, team tryouts, meetings, team workouts, and summer open gym/conditioning sessions in coordination with IHSA regulations.
- Maintains, along with assistant coaches, the proper supervision of student-athletes at practices, games, in locker rooms, and on school-provided transportation.
- Previous head coaching/playing experience in Cross Country, preferred.
- Previous experience as a coach in Cross Country, required.
- Meets NFHS/IHSA Criteria and completion of NFHS courses, preferred.
- Must be available from the first allowable practice date as designated by the IHSA for all practices, games, and regional/state finals.
- A willingness to be an active, enthusiastic member of Woodlands Academy community.