St. Anthony Catholic High School, a private, college preparatory High school for young men and women, is seeking Head Cross Country Coach. This is a seasonal part-time position. Position is expected to coach both boys and girls cross country teams and follows all TAPPS rules and Regulations, as well as follow the mission of St. Anthony Catholic High School and our Core Values of Honesty & Integrity; Community; Service & Social Justice; Scholarship; and Holistic Education. The Head Cross Country Coach reports to the Athletic Director.
- Instructs players in the rules, regulations, equipment and techniques of the sport;
- Organizes and directs individual and small group practice activities/exercises;
- Assesses players skills, monitors players during competition and practice;
- Determines game strategy;
- Supervises athletes during practices and competition;
- Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete’s injury;
- Models good sportsmanship behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials and spectators;
- Builds and maintains professional relationships with parents at all times and uses sound judgment in communicating and working with parents;
- Participates in special activities to include senior night, athletic banquet, booster club meetings, and pep rallies.
- Knowledge base to teach individual sport skills and team strategies;
- Ability to teach fundamental skills;
- Effective communicator to athletes, parents, coaching staff, administration, and the greater community;
- Ability to maintain composure in difficult or stressful coaching situations with players, officials, and parents.
- Appropriate appearance and dress required for coaching in practice and meet conditions;
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse communities and cultures.