The Head Varsity Cross Country Coach provides leadership, supervision and organization for the Marlborough School Cross Country Program and is responsible for carrying out the objectives of the entire athletic program within the guidelines of the Marlborough Mission and the Athletic Department Philosophy. The Head Coach supervises the Assistant Coaches, 7th and 8th grade coaches, and student assistants/managers.
- Formulates objectives for the upcoming sport season.
- Keeps abreast of new ideas and techniques by attending clinics and workshops, researching in his/her field and encouraging the assistant coaches to do the same.
- Remains knowledgeable of rules and regulations concerning his/her sport, and keeps abreast of changes.
- Adheres to proper procedures for out-of-season practices according to state high school association guidelines, as well as the rules and regulations of Marlborough School..
- Adheres to the rules and regulations of Marlborough School.
- Remains active in professional organizations such as the state coaches association.
- Selects and maintains equipment and keeps an accurate inventory.
- Assists the Athletic Director as needed.
- The ideal candidate should possess at a minimum a Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- A minimum of 5 years of coaching experience at the secondary, club or collegiate level.