The coach helps students achieve a high level of skill and an appreciation for the values and discipline related to the sport or activity and sportsmanship. The general safety and welfare of each participant shall be the primary concern. The coach provides leadership and coordination in the assigned activity or sport.
- Oversees tryouts and selects participants in accordance with established guidelines.
- Coaches individual participants in the skills necessary for achievement in the sport.
- Plans and schedules a regular program of practice.
- Works closely with the Activity Director and/or Assistant Principal in scheduling contests, practices, meets, and competitions.
- Recommends equipment, supplies, and uniforms for purchase.
- Prepares and adheres to approved budget.
- Maintains attendance forms, insurance records, physical forms, and other required paperwork.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
- Requires the ability to sit and/or stand for prolonged periods.
- Occasionally requires the ability to manually move, lift, carry, pull or push heavy objects or materials.
- Occasionally requires the ability to stoop, bend, and/or reach.
- Must be able to work indoors and outdoors year-round.
- Must be able to work in noisy and crowded environments.