- Help each participating student to achieve a high level of skill and knowledge of the sport.
- Instill in the participants an appreciation for the values of discipline and sportsmanship.
- Develop a positive working relationship with students, staff, administration, parents and community.
- Possesses a valid First Aid card.
- Completion of an annual Bloodborne Pathogen Course.
- Possesses a high level of competence which may include prior participation in the sport, prior coaching experience, and completion of courses and/or clinics sufficient to provide the knowledge and skill to meet the performance responsibilities described below.
- Has experience teaching, working with, and/or coaching students of high school age.