Working knowledge of Cross Country that will allow growth for the student- athlete and the overall program for TRSD. Applicants need to demonstrate, model and teach strong work ethic, provide academic support, be a team and individual character builder, demonstrate organization skills in practice planning and communicate effectively with players, coaches, parents and school administration. Successful applicants will be required to build and implement program standards & procedures based on the “Building Character through Sport” philosophy from Bruce Brown.
1. NFHS Certification.
2. First Aid Card (CPR and AED trained).
3. District fingerprinting/Criminal check.
4. Completion of all OSAA Certifications.
5. Completion of ODE Steroid Test.
6. Completion of all School District paperwork.
7. Completion of Safe Schools trainings.
Key Emphasis of the job description for a Varsity Head Coach:
- Build successful 9-12 Cross Country program and oversee all facets of the program.
- Be a role model for high school student athletes.
- Cooperate with other school-sponsored sports by encouraging athletes to compete in winter and spring programs.
- Develop and implement an off-season and summer program.
- Monitor the academic progress and attendance of the Cross Country athletes.
- Be a team player among all coaches in the athletic program.