Reporting to the director of athletics, the head cross-country coach will provide leadership and oversight for all aspects of the women's cross-country program. This includes coaching the team, planning, organizing, and supervising team practices; actively identifying, evaluating, and recruiting student-athletes; and working within the NCAA, USA South Athletic Conference, and departmental guidelines. The head coach is responsible for the supervision and coordination of the work of assistant coaches and graduate assistants.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Coordinates all on and off-campus recruitment activities within the guidelines of the NCAA.
2. Complies with all NCAA, USA South Athletic Conference, college and department of athletics regulations and policies.
3. Provides leadership and coaching for the women’s intercollegiate cross country team.
4. Schedules, implements, and attends all pre-season, in-season, and post-season practices and contests.
5. Schedules all varsity contests; coordinates special events, hosts college tournament(s).
6. Provides financial accountability for all ASC and non-ASC cross country functions hosted by the coach/team/department.
7. Oversees strength and conditioning for the department.
- Considerable knowledge of fitness concepts and techniques, NCAA rules and regulations, and rules and scoring.
- Familiarity with recruiting techniques, high school coaches and athletes, and student-athlete concerns.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written).
- Strong computer skills in a Windows-based environment (Microsoft: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint), including at least intermediate level word processing and spreadsheet development.