- Employment in the school where the sport is being offered is preferred but other qualified candidates in or out of the system will be considered.
- Demonstrated interest and aptitude for performing the responsibilities.
- Such alternatives to the above qualifications as the Superintendent of Schools may deem appropriate and acceptable.
- Coach individual participants in the skills necessary for achievement in the sport being played.
- Work cooperatively with the Director of Athletics to develop a schedule of interscholastic contests.
- Recommend purchase of equipment, supplies, and uniforms as appropriate and support it with accurate inventory.
- Maintain necessary paperwork involving program as detailed by the Director of Athletics.
- Oversee safety conditions of facility, field or area in which contest and practices are being held.
- Work with the Director of Athletics, Principal, and teaching and guidance staff to help students maintain eligibility for participation in the sport.
- Develop and encourage sportsmanlike behavior at all times and enforce rules established for maintaining such standards by individual students.
The School Committee affirms a policy which guarantees equal employment opportunity in the recruitment, application, selection, compensation, retention, transfer, promotion, benefits, work assignment and career progression process without discrimination for reasons of individual's race, color, religious creed, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, ancestry, citizenship, military status, sexual orientation, disability or genetic information.