The Head Cross Country Coach is responsible for planning and directing the recruitment, conditioning, training, and performance of student athletes, along with fiscal program management of the Cross Country program and to accomplish the objectives of this sport within the guidelines of NJCAA and USC Salkehatchie.
- Develop practice schedules and teach the fundamental skills and drills of the sport of cross country & track.
- Provide instruction and development for individual and team improvement, teach overall team and individual player strategies, analyze athlete performance, prepare student-athletes for the highest possible levels of competition
- Develop a weight training and fitness program for cross country.
- Formulate a successful strategy to promote the educational welfare and sportsmanship of the student-athlete.
- Oversee the conduct and discipline of team student-athletes.
- Develop a recruitment plan and actively recruit student/athletes.
- Develop a plan to insure and monitor the academic outcomes of the players accepted into the cross country & track program.
- A bachelor’s degree is required, master’s preferred.
- Previous coaching/ playing experiences at the collegiate level are preferred.
- Valid driver license.
- A proven record of integrity, high principles and demonstrated skill in developing and motivating student athletes academically and athletically.
- A background check will be required of all successful applicants.