EXAMPLE OF DUTIES:
- Inspires students to pursue both academics and athletics to better themselves.
- Develops and carries out the district plan for the activity; provides appropriate leadership.
- Is responsible for direct supervision of student athletes during all phases of practices and events.
- Has knowledge of and complies with all applicable District, League and WIAA rules and regulations.
- Monitors athlete’s compliance with school and league eligibility rules.
- Promotes respectful and sportsmanlike behavior at all times, and establishes and oversees penalties for breach of such standards by individual students.
- Properly trains athletes for a safe and successful athletic experience.
- Hold valid first aid/CPR card or be currently enrolled in a class.
- Minimum 21 years of age for head coach and 19 years of age for assistant coach.
- High School students may serve as assistant coaches at the middle level when under the direct supervision of the head middle level coach.
- Proof of vaccination for COVID - 19.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of the applicable sport.