The Head Cross Country coach is responsible for organizing the volleyball program at Lancaster High School. The Cross Country coach must be able to conduct practices, motivate students, and instruct student athletes in techniques.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Instruct players in the regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Organizes and directs individual and small group practice activities/exercise.
- Assesses player's skills, monitors players during competition and practice, and keeps up with academic performance of players.
- Supervising athletes during practices and competition.
- Follows established procedures in the event of an athlete's injury.
- Models sports-like behavior and maintains appropriate conduct towards players, officials, and spectators.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Be in good physical condition.
- Have the ability to motivate players to reach their potential.
- Must have exceptional leadership skills.