- Follow established guidelines and procedures.
- Assist in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes and participate on the team. Encourage applications from a diverse group.
- Assistant in executing an instructional practice and competitive schedule based on an assessment of the student-athletes’ needs.
- Function as a member of the department working together for common objectives.
- Communicate and cooperate with department staff to facilitate group purpose and mission.
- Responsible for your own work.
- Stay current with the sport-specific developments in the profession.
- Monitor and balance the team budgets: Must provide input and work cooperatively with athletic director in budgeting for and requisitioning all goods and services needed and used in her/his sport program. This includes but is not limited to supplies, equipment, apparel, team travel, recruiting, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required and/or related work experience.
- Experience in intercollegiate athletics either as an athlete or coach.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills are essential.
It is the policy of Sul Ross State University to provide equal employment opportunity for all persons in accordance with their individual, job related qualifications and without consideration of race, creed, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status and ancestry.