Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU), a NCAA DII institution and proud member of the Northeast-10 Conference, is excited to invite applications for the position of Head Cross-Country Coach / Assistant Track & Field Coach. You will report to the Director of Cross-Country and Track and Field, contributing their expertise to lead the Men and Women's Cross-Country teams and the Women's Track & Field mid-distance/distance student-athletes.
In this Role You'll Get To:
- Lead the assessment, identification, and recruitment of qualified student-athletes while collaborating with admissions and financial aid.
- Maintain a year-round schedule, covering individual meetings, workouts, pre-season, post-season, in-season, and off-season training programs.
- Oversee summer program workouts for men and women's distance student-athletes.
- Maintain the cross-country roster size as established by the Director of XC/TF.
- Manage the budget and travel arrangements with the Director of XC/TF.
- Help us engage prospective student-athletes and alumni through several social media platforms.
- Maintain memberships and active participation in athletic conferences, sports associations, and affiliations.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 1+ year experience with collegiate running teams or with women's distance running and training.
- 1+ years experience coaching students or teams.
- USTFCCCA or USATF coaching certifications are a plus.
- Hold a valid driver's license and be insured by the university's auto insurance carrier.
- Be able to drive and transport student-athletes to and from practice or competitions.