The Head Coach oversees all aspects of the Men’s and Women’s Cross Country programs and assists with the Men’s and Women’s Track programs.
- Responsible for compliance with NCAA, SAC and Mars Hill University policies and regulations.
- Organize individualized and team instruction with emphasis on teaching all skills and strategies associated with the sport.
- Oversee day-to-day program administration.
- Recruit and award scholarships to quality student-athletes who are committed to the University’s mission.
- Schedule travel, officials and meals for team.
- Provide academic support and oversight for all student-athletes.
- Works with the Sports Information Director regarding rosters, publicity, player awards and promotions.
- Oversee player development and evaluation.
- Responsible for fundraising and community service activities.
- Develop and maintain positive alumni relations.
- Applicants should have at least a bachelor’s degree with a successful coaching background in Men’s and Women’s Cross country.
- Strong communication, organizational skills and a demonstrated ability to produce and manage Men’s and Women’s Cross Country programs are important.
- In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), MHU provides reasonable accommodation to qualified applicants and employees with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the organization or would change the essential functions of the job.