The Head Cross Country and Track and Field Coach will successfully develop and implement all aspects of the CIU Men's and Women’s Cross Country and Track and Field programs. The candidate must prove a strong commitment to Jesus Christ and demonstrate a strong commitment to the welfare of the student athlete.
- Teach and coach men and women’s cross country and track & field.
- Work within the budget as set-forth by the institution.
- Conduct all practices and train runners.
- Recruit for both men and women, and both cross country and track & field.
- Ordering and maintaining all uniforms & equipment.
- Scheduling both cross country and track & field seasons.
- Monitoring the academic progress of the student athletes.
- Coordinating all aspects of team travel.
- Some fundraising may be involved.
- Demonstrate successful coaching experience at the high school or collegiate level.
- Be able to teach, demonstrate and communicate cross country and track & field training and strategies.
- The coach will be expected to drive vans, coordinate equipment, and physically be able to handle team practices, travel, and other tasks consistent with being a coach of an intercollegiate team.
- Ability to coordinate the overall administration and organization of the office of Cross Country and Track & Field.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Understanding of the NCCAA and NAIA rules and compliance.
- Must be willing to comply and agree to the regulations consistent with CIU Faculty/Staff Handbook and uphold all CIU student standards and rules.