Under the direction of the school principal and the Athletic Director, the Coach is responsible for supporting the School and the Diocese of St. Augustine in their mission to evangelize, catechize, and educate youth in a Catholic School environment. The Coach will instruct and work with athletes to prepare them for competition. Coaches help athletes to play their best individually or as a team in sports. They are experts on the rules, strategies, and the techniques of their sports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establish a consistent disciplinary approach which promotes self-direction and positive self-image; set high standards for student behavior and manage inappropriate behavior effectively;
- At all times demonstrate professional responsibility in enforcing School policies and regulations;
- Maintain confidentiality of information; display sound judgment in dress and general behavior. Specifically, Coaches will follow dress code standards.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communications skills including written and oral, public speaking and presentation skills.
- Excellent human relations and interpersonal skills; must be a self-starter and be well-organized; must be a team player.
- Be available for evening and weekend work as necessary; have reliable transportation.
- Clear an E-Verify check to substantiate that the successful candidate meets the Department of Homeland Security authorization requirements to work in the United States (for more information visit www.dhs.gov/e-verify).