Assist and guide participating student athletes and help them achieve a high level of skill, discipline, sportsmanship, and citizenship. To oversee and promote the football program in accordance with NFHS, NDHSAA, and Stanley School Board policies.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cooperate with the administration and other staff members in submitting a roster, pre-season checklist, post-season summary report, inventory and requisitions, monthly schedule.
- Provide each participant with the NDHSAA Eligibility Rules and Stanley Code of Conduct Guidelines, verify that the parent's and student's signatures are on file in the office, and ensure that an ineligible athlete is not permitted to participate against any opposing team.
- Balance competitive, academic, and social demands within the program.
- Report to the district athletic director any incidents or infractions relevant to the activity.
- Develop and demonstrate good public relations within the school and community by scheduling a pre-season meeting for parents and athletes.
- Understand and enforce the athletic department Communication Guidelines.
- Provide each participant with the requirements for lettering and awards; enforce the extracurricular participation guidelines.
- Cooperate with media regarding requests for public information. This includes assigning an assistant coach or manager to report scores to all local media following each home game.
- Work toward professional growth by participation in clinics, workshops, and inservice meetings in order to achieve personal and professional objectives.
- Actively promote your sport and recruit participation.
- Develop respect by example both on and off the field in appearance, personal habits, behavior, language and enthusiasm.