The Head Football Coach will lead and organize the high school soccer program. Lead in establishing an environment in which student athletes can gain self-esteem and develop a positive self-image. Directs the promotion of sportsmanship, program equity and inclusion, a winning attitude and commitment to student academic success.
Essential Job Functions:
- Direct and supervise organization of practice sessions during the regulated season; to include seasonal goals and objectives.
- Work cooperatively with parents, other coaches, staff, administration and support programs.
- Assists the Athletic Director in maintaining the care for athletic facilities and aid in preparation of the facilities for athletic competition.
- Assists Athletic Director in purchasing equipment, supplies and uniforms for the Wy'eastMiddle School Football program.
- Assists Athletic Director in game scheduling when needed.
- Responsible to conduct pre-season meeting with all athletes and parents, outlining schedules, student athletic contracts, and Student Athletic Handbook.
- Works to improve skills and knowledge of each athlete and the team as a whole.
- Organize team members according to competitive levels.
Skills, Knowledge and/or Abilities Required:
- Skills possessed will exemplify a moral character that is consistent with being a positive role model for all students.
- Knowledge of the sport at the middle school level (to include recent rule changes). Know how to communicate effectively with athletes and parents.
- Ability to work harmoniously with others. To organize and manage students time effectively. To use problem solving strategies consistently. Adjusts to performing practices in a variety of indoor and outdoor locations. Ability to motivate students. Ability to teach skills and fundamentals.