The head coach shall coordinate the football program between the high school and the junior high school. He/she shall be directly responsible to the athletic director in the performance of his/her athletic duties.
- Make the game schedule, secure game officials, meet visiting teams, supply visiting team needs, and take care of the requirements for orderly performance at all games.
- Assume general responsibility of the general management (use, care and maintenance)of athletic fields, facilities, dressing rooms, etc., under his supervision.
- Be responsible to the athletic director for eligibility of players at the beginning of the season.
- Submit a list of names of players to be scheduled in athletic periods and be responsible for recommending the transfer of students of the athletic program.
- Be directly responsible to the building principal and athletic director for athletes' behavior and the behavior of assistants while carrying out any of their duties.
- Perform activities that support a team or a specific sport, such as participating in community outreach activities, meeting with media representatives, and appearing at fundraising events.
- Make every effort to attend sport contests at the school and the junior high.
- Encourage athletes to participate in other sports.
SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Academic area w/coaching endorsement or P.E.
- Experience: Prior head coaching experience preferred.
- Computer Skills: Shall be able to demonstrate an acceptable level of proficiency with computers and programs associated with the position.
- Certifications & Licenses: Current Arkansas teaching license with appropriate certification required.