An employee in this position will exhibit high moral character and execute scholastic based athletic principals. The Non-Faculty Coach will ensure safety of athletes while participating; teach good sportsmanship; establish a welcoming environment for all; and positively influence the students they work with. This Coach will work with administration, faculty, and staff to work towards the district’s goals regarding the whole child, academics, and athletics.
QUALIFICATIONS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Graduation from high school or equivalent required.
- Previous successful coaching experience preferred.
- Knowledgeable of all athletic policies approved by the Johnston County Schools’ Board of Education.
- Knowledgeable of existing system, state, and conference regulations.
- Ability and willingness to organize and supervise athletic team members.
- Must possess superior knowledge of the technical aspects of the sport and must continue to examine new theories and procedures pertinent to the field.
- Willingness to obtain a CDL to transport students on an approved activity bus to contests. Also, maintain certifications in order to do so, throughout tenure.
- Knowledgeable of the proper administrative line of command and the referral process for requests or grievances utilizing the proper chain of command.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide documentation to fulfill state and system requirements concerning physical examinations, parental consent, and eligibility.
- Maintain or acquire all necessary coaching prerequisites annually or as they expire listed by NCDPI, NCHSAA, & Johnston County Public Schools.
- Promote the sport within the school through holding interest meetings and encouraging multisport athletic opportunities.
- Maintain all medical emergency information needed for each athlete, while also understanding emergency protocols if they were to arise.
- Promote the sport outside the school by being involved in the community, getting involved in coaching organizations, and attending required meetings.
- Provide quality and approved communication to the public.
- Maintain good public relations with members of the community, Booster Club, parents, officials, volunteers, and fans.
- Through the Athletic Director, prepare and release information to the public including schedules, tournaments, and results.