The Head Coach is responsible for all aspects of the football program. The coach will serve as a mentor at all times and exhibit strong leadership skills with a focus on player and staff development. The coach must value sportsmanship, integrity, and character development.
- Act as a role model and leader at all times, gaining the respect and trust of the student-athletes, parents, and coaching colleagues.
- Deep appreciation for the Catholic faith and a commitment to the teaching of the Catholic Church.
- Work with the President and Principal to ensure that the mission of the school is implemented within the football program.
- Work with the Executive Athletic Director and Athletic Director to advance programs for the greater good of the athletic program, supervise athletic events during the off-season, plan and maintain the program’s budget, and coordinate game schedules.
- Work with the Director of Operations to schedule away game transportation.
- Work cooperatively with the head coaches of our athletic department in order to operate a well-balanced athletic department.
- Establish opportunities for your coaching staff to grow in their profession. Therefore, seek professional development and clinics that your coaching staff can attend.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Previous experience coaching football at the high school level or beyond required.
- Previous high school head coaching experience preferred.
- General knowledge of coaching techniques and procedures.
- General knowledge or at least familiarity with using Rank One preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to instruct and supervise student-athletes and coaching staff.
- Communicate effectively using a variety of methods, styles and techniques appropriate for the audience.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with school administrators, community, parents, and students.