Coaches must have a good knowledge of the sport, be able to communicate with athletes clearly and effectively, enthusiastically and successfully recruit athletes for the particular sport, and have a good rapport with students.
- Communicates with student athletes clearly and effectively.
- Enthusiastically and successfully recruits student athletes.
- Conducts regular sport practice sessions for one and one-half hours on weekdays throughout the sports season (except with the permission of the Athletic Director to cancel a particular practice session).
- Teaches the philosophy and fundamental skills associated with the sport to student athletes.
- Accompanies and supervises student athletes on sporting events at TSD and throughout the state and country.
- Provides direct supervision of student athletes in vehicles, locker rooms, gyms, playing fields, dining rooms, and dorms during sport practices.
- Attends all meetings required by the Athletic Director.
- High School diploma or equivalency.
- Must have or able to obtain First Aid and CPR certification within one month of employment.
- Sign Language: At hire, the applicant must have sign language skills equivalent to a Signed Communication Proficiency Inventory (SCPI) level of INTERMEDIATE. When applying, the applicant must submit documentation that the applicant believes substantiates that the applicant has achieved the proficiency level required at hire.