The Head Football Coach is responsible for leading our high school student football team. That includes all aspects of the athletics program, such as recruiting within the school, scheduling opponents (in conjunction with Athletics and Wellness Coordinator), and selecting, training, and coaching all members of the team. The Head Football Coach must model individual character, team leadership, and a commitment to the academic success of our student athletes at all times.
- Use a variety of instructional techniques and multimedia to meet the needs and improve the abilities of student athletes in the sport assigned.
- Manage and supervise athletic activities, contests, and practice sessions to promote individual growth in athletic skills, teamwork, discipline, respect, and good sportsmanship.
- Establish performance criteria for competition and evaluate students’ athletic abilities regularly.
- Annually establish and meet performance goals with the Athletics and Wellness Coordinator.
- Coordinating sports tryouts and assigning individuals to proper and fitting positions on the team.
- Successful participation in a similar activity in high school and/or college.
- Minimum of three years of successful past coaching experience at the middle, high, or college level.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and implement programs.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Possess a valid Ohio Department of Education Pupil Activity Permit.