Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creating and maintaining an environment which emphasizes learning, encourages free discussion of ideas and critical thinking;
- Evaluating progress of students concerning educational matters and grades student work;
- Meeting with students outside of class;
- Maintaining appropriate standards of professional conduct and ethics;
- Maintaining current knowledge in the subject matter areas;
- Fulfilling professional responsibilities of a part-time/temporary faculty member;
- Maintaining accurate academic records;
- Performing other related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of and experience working in Contra Costa Colleges service and recruiting area and a demonstrated ability to recruit student athletes for intercollegiate level competition.
- Experience teaching kinesiology activity and/or lecture courses at the college level.
- Experience coaching football at the collegiate and/or professional level.
- Experience with and knowledge of diverse learning styles and a variety of academic goals.
- Experience with preparing student-athletes to transition to an intercollegiate and/or elite level with the academic and athletic skills for success.
- Knowledge California Community College Athletic Association (CCCAA) rules and regulations.
- Ability to pass mandatory CCCAA in service online examination.
- Experience fundraising, statistic keeping, basic recordkeeping, inventory and computer skills.
- Experience with conflict resolution within a team setting.