This position is responsible for coaching and providing direction to student athletes so that they might achieve a high level of skill as well as an appreciation for discipline, sportsmanship and teamwork in the sport for which they are responsible. At is a supervisory responsibility of all school employees to supervise students and to assist in maintaining a safe environment.
- Holds organizational meetings for team prospects and parents and encourages potential athletes to participate in the sport.
- Conducts tryouts and retains data and anecdotal observations on student performance.
- Works with athletic director to monitor the academic performance of team members to ensure that eligibility requirements are met; and encourages student athletes to maintain a high academic standard.
- Assigns duties to an assistant coach as necessary.
- Follows and maintains knowledge of all District Regulations and procedures.
- Instructs and demonstrates skill sets and techniques necessary for individual and team achievement in their respective sport.
- Assures a certified coach/District employee is present at all practices and games.
- Assures student athletes are supervised by a paid Coach on the team bus both to and from games.
- Observes players, during competition and practice to determine the needs for individual or team improvement.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Job related experience is preferred, particularly in coaching adolescent age students.
- First Aid/CPR/AED certification.
- Valid WA State drivers license and appropriate insurance required.
- Must maintain as current any certification or license listed herein and held at hire date.