This position is responsible for coaching student-athletes in game strategies and techniques to prepare them for athletic competition. Motivates student-athletes to develop an appreciation of the sport. Works closely with student-athletes to develop good character on and off the field. Assists teachers, counselors, and other school personnel with student-athlete attendance, academics, and behavior in and out of football season.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Uses a variety of instructional techniques and media to meet the needs and improve the abilities of student athletes in the sport assigned.
- Manages and supervises athletic activities, contests, and practice sessions to promote individual growth in athletic skills, teamwork, discipline, respect, and good sportsmanship.
- Works with other members of school staff to plan and put in place instructional goals and objectives to ensure the overall educational development of student athletes.
- Ensures that all football coaches work together toward a common goal within the football program and provide unity with the feeder schools.
- Establishes performance criteria for competition and evaluate students’ athletic abilities initially and on a regular basis.
- Takes all necessary precautions to protect student athletes, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Monitors and enforces student eligibility criteria for extracurricular participation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Capacity to initiate and nurture relationships with stakeholder and community members.
- Interpersonal skills and sound judgement when communicating with stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to multitask.
- Ability to work collegially and collaboratively while maintaining confidentiality.
- Strong customer service orientation demonstrating excellence in providing and modelling quality customer service.
- The ability to work as part of a team.