Reporting to the Director of Athletics, the Head Football Coach must be enthusiastic about the opportunity to bring back football to the University and provide strategic leadership for the future of the Football program while supporting the wider mission and goals of the University. The Coach is responsible for all aspects of coaching the team including recruiting, fitness training, practice, scheduling, and travel.
- Develop a short-term plan for and long-term vision of Schreiner’s football program.
- Establish goals, objectives, and expectations aligned with the University’s mission.
- Launch an annual character development program for the team that promotes excellence, integrity, and leadership.
- Develop a program that is highly competitive with the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference of NCAA Division III.
- Develop annual and long-term recruiting strategies in collaboration with the Athletics Director and Admissions that reflects our commitment to rural students, diversity, and high-quality student-athletes
- Manages roster size in recruiting and retention with a roster goal of 100 student-athletes
- Evaluate and scout potential recruits both locally and nationally.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Experience starting a collegiate football program preferred.
- Prior head coaching experience preferred.
- Prior collegiate coaching experience preferred.
- Proficiency in scheduling games, practice, and travel.
- Proficiency in preparation and management of budgets.
- Ability to relate to student-athletes.
- Ability to recruit and retain quality student-athletes.
- Ability to communicate effectively and work as university team member.