The Head Football Coach is responsible for the organization, development, and leadership of a varsity intercollegiate football program in support of the missions and core values of the Athletics Department. Coach duties include management of the college's NCAA Division III Football team including recruitment and retention of team members, practice and game preparation, scheduling, and travel needs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the coaching and operational areas of the football program.
- Develop the policies and procedures for general operations of the football program which run parallel to the expectations of all student-athletes and NCAA and NEWMAC rules and regulations. Support a positive student-athlete experience which is reflected by providing best available service, mentorship and coaching of the game of football.
- Proven ability to recruit and retain quality student-athletes.
- Adhere to and enforce all department/SUNY Maritime College policies and procedures as well as rules and regulations of the NCAA and NEWMAC.
- Demonstrates adherence to College, conference, and NCAA rules and regulations.
- Hire, supervise, and evaluate assigned assistant staff, part-time, and volunteers and support staff members to ensure compliance with applicable rules, policies and procedures.
- Maintain sport equipment inventory.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Demonstrated experience coaching college football including experience at an NCAA or equivalent four-year institution.
- Exhibit prior experience with student-athlete recruitment or the evidence of potential for success in recruitment.
- Demonstrate evidence of ability to work well with college-age student-athletes and proven ability to perform administrative aspects of the program.
- Strong acknowledge and understanding of NCAA Football rules and regulations.
- Current First Aid, AED, and CPR certification.
- Excellent interpersonal, teaching and communication skills are essential.