This position, under general supervision, independently performs and is responsible for running a safe, enthusiastic sports program. This position reports directly to the Dean of Athletics and is a full-time 12 month employee.
- Administration of all phases of a NAIA sports program including recruiting qualified student athletes.
- Formulate the team’s competitive schedule.
- Organize and train athletes for successful and safe competition.
- Keep abreast of current trends and methods by participating in clinics, workshops, etc. that contribute to professional development and self-improvement.
- Adhere to college, KCAC and NAIA policies and procedures.
- Foster cooperative working relationships with immediate supervisor as well as any staff or team members associated with the program.
- Cooperate with other coaches in providing the optimum sports program possible under existing conditions.
- Prepare timely and accurate documents i.e. travel expense statements, itineraries, etc.
- Take the initiative to provide new ideas and concepts to improve the efficiency and productivity of the staff.
- Support the athletic department’s goals and philosophies.
- Must have knowledge of KCAC and NAIA policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree, Master preferred.
- A results oriented candidate with the ability to handle multiple projects/assignments concurrently and who works well independently and fosters a team environment.
- This position rewards a good organizational fit.
- Flexible schedule and travel required.
- Ability to communicate effectively to a variety of audiences, including students, parents, faculty, staff, alumni, administration, and the community-at-large.
- Ability to handle multiple projects/assignments concurrently and be very results-oriented.