Duties and Responsibilities:
- Must attend all Rules Education (Compliance Coffeehouses) to maintain satisfactory rules knowledge and documenting compliance activities, which are mandatory. All athletics personnel must adhere to compliance regulations.
- Maintain fiduciary control of all allocated budget funds. Manage, maintain and safeguard all issued equipment. Maintain fiduciary control of all fund raising activities that supplement the team’s budget.
- Develop with the VP for Athletics, Associate Athletic Directors, and Athletic Media Director, a comprehensive intercollegiate schedule with opposing institutions. Maintain positive and professional relationships with external and internal constituents.
- Work with Equipment and Facilities Manager to ensure compliance of issued equipment and develop a schedule for use of facilities.
- Work with Athletics Trainer to ensure the medical safety of all participants.
- Attend all athletic staff meetings. Attend institutional sponsored events (open house, orientation, senior awards banquet, and alumni events, etc.…). Represent BSU at conference coaches meetings and all meetings or events as directed by the VP of Athletics.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required.
A minimum of three (3) years coaching experience on the collegiate or high school level.
Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
An appreciation of a culturally diverse student population; ability to initiate and manage services and programs.