Responsible for the organization, development, and leadership of a highly competitive Division III football program in support of the mission and core values of Union College. The position will include a secondary responsibility assigned by the Director of Athletics.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Recruitment: Recruits and retains top prospective student athletes who are fully engaged in the mission of Union College. Collaborates with admissions to arrange on-campus visits for all prospective student-athletes and their families. Ensure all recruitment policies and procedures are complied with.
- Coaching: Demonstrates effective teaching methods and possesses excellent leadership. Designs coaching strategies. Works with Athletics Trainer to ensure the medical safety of all participants.
- Student Athlete Development: Ensures academic success of student-athletes by collaborating with college stakeholders. Mentors student-athletes.
- Administration: Administers and plans all aspects of the football program adhering to NCAA, league, and department compliance. Hires, supervises, manages and evaluates Assistant Coaches. Administers the team budget effectively. Other duties and projects as assigned. Continues to build a thriving alumni network and fundraising efforts.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of five years of successful coaching experience and/or a combination of relevant education, training, certifications, and/or work experience.
- Must obtain a valid New York State driver’s license.
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of Federal, State, local, and NCAA, rules, policies and procedures.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including attention to detail.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and be self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Able to exercise exceptional judgment, ensure strict confidentiality, and demonstrate outstanding professionalism in a range of situations.