The Head Football Coach is responsible for staffing at all aspects of the Football Program (Freshman A/B, Sophomore and Varsity), scheduling opponents (in conjunction with the Athletic Director), strength & conditioning (off season & in season program), and coaching team members.
- Use a variety of instructional techniques to meet the needs and improve the abilities of student athletes in football.
- Coordinate the development and promotion of the Loyola Academy Football Program.
- Hold organizational meetings for team prospects and encourage potential athletes to participate in the football program.
- Work with other members of school staff to plan and put in place instructional goals and objectives to ensure the overall educational development of student athletes.
- Ensure all football coaches work together toward a common goal within the football program and provide unity within the youth community programs.
- Establish performance criteria for competition and evaluate students’ athletic abilities initially and on a regular basis.
- Develop a regular practice schedule and organize practice time to provide both individual and team development.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Mature and proactive, with evidence of great leadership.
- A progressive, strategic thinker; the ability to lead by example.
- Driven to succeed, strong work ethic, ability to deliver results in a competitive environment.
- An effective communicator, with strong oral and written skills and a willingness to share information.
- A collaborative and flexible style, with the ability to work effectively within a tenured staff.
- Dynamic and fact-driven with the flexibility to change approach as necessary.
- Excellent analytical and organizational capabilities with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Positive, driven, and energetic; able to roll-up his/her sleeves to get the job done.
- Confidence professionally and challenge ideas and take constructive criticism.