The Head Football Coach will support the IWU Athletics mission of developing students' Spiritual Growth, Academic Achievement, Leadership Development, and Athletic Excellence.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the spiritual development of each player through intentional discipleship strategies, maximizing the team's potential/abilities, keeping athletes eligible, and retaining athletes through graduation.
- Ensure the spiritual, physical, emotional, mental, and social welfare of student-athletes.
- Develop, manage, and successfully lead football program including practices, scheduling, recruiting, equipment management, and appropriate social media involvement
- Manage and operate within budget parameters, without exception.
- Ensure adherence with established institutional, league, and NAIA compliance rules, policies, and procedures as well as ethical standards of behavior.
- Ensure satisfactory academic performance of student-athletes.
- Supervise and mentor coaching assistants as directed and approved by Director of Athletics.
- Manage all department fundraising and booster events in accordance with University, Conference, and NAIA expectations, and institutional rules, policies, and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Preference given to degrees within the fields of Sport and Recreation Management, Health and Physical Education.
- Must have some level of experience in coaching (Minimum of five (5) years at the college level or as a head coach) that includes recruiting student-athletes, marketing, scheduling, equipment budgeting/management, and facility care.
- Must demonstrate a mature expressive Christian faith commitment.
- Needs to passionately support and articulate the University mission and vision for athletics within the context of that mission.